What's on offer?
Delamore Support Services Ltd is a non government organisation providing quality mental health and disability Housing and Recovery Support that assists people in their journey towards recovery in the Auckland and Waitemata district health board regions. Services are residential based.
We have three Housing and Recovery Support services in Central Auckland. We also have two homes in West Auckland catering for low and high intensive support and a Pacific residential based support service, Manumalo.
Support while receiving a housing service may include the following:
- Support around practical daily living (shopping, household chores, paying bills or maybe cooking)
- Budgeting advice
- Accessing community services, groups, employment or education
- Advice in choosing a healthy lifestyle (support to stop smoking, exercise advice or how to eat well)
- Support to create action plans (setting and achieving goals)
- Support to self-manage medication
Herne Bay, Intensive Support Residential Service
Herne Bay, Housing and Recovery Residential Service
Penrose, Housing and Recovery Residential Service
Te Atatu Peninsula, Intensive Support Residential Service
Glen Eden, Low Intensity Support Residential Service
Massey West, Pacific Housing and Recovery Residential Service
We rent a property in Warkworth called Hari Nui- it’s a perfect base for camping and outdoor experiences. Respite options also include a property at Manly on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula.
Housing and Recovery Service – Residential
This service provides housing and recovery-focused support for people with mental health problems. The service aims to help people move towards more independent living or to retain their level of independence. Clients are supported to actively participate in household chores and management. Clients are supported to use community resources that may improve their independence.
Intensive Support Residential Service
This is a residential and support service for people with chronic mental illness and often multiple disabilities, who require services and intensive support 24 hours a day to allow them to live in the community. The service has a long term goal of supporting clients to move to alternative accommodation with less intensive levels of support.
- Safe and secure accommodation within the community for as long as you need it.
- Support services based on strength-based principles.
- Recreational and respite services.
- Support accessing community mental health programmes.
- Support accessing Maori and Pacific Island mental health services.
- Support accessing consumer advocacy and representation.
- Liaison with other social and medical services.
What we expect from you - PARTICIPATE!
We ask that you get involved with your support team. Setting goals and participating in a structured programme does and will help you move towards greater independence.
Help out. This is your home for the for-seeable future. You will be expected to do day to day chores to the best of your ability.
Be involved in house meetings. This is where you can plan your chores rosters. Ask for help.
Be involved in menu planning, preparation and shopping.
Be respectful of the other people you live with.
Follow the house rules.
Work collaboratively with your clinical team.
Be responsible for your own personal space.
Participate in service review to the best of your ability.
Ask if you need information or advice. This can include information on how to develop healthy relationships, sex education or advice on how to access contraception. We can refer you to the appropriate service.
Feel free to email us or give us a call on 09 376 5364 and we will be happy to help.